Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Piano Table

A finished project!

I had mentioned back in july about the sewing table that we were going to make out of a friend's piano. I don't remember exactly when we actually got the piano apart but six months later it showed up in my living room, which happened to be Christmas morning. I had no clue this was going to happen!

 I had written off the project.  I only had a vauge idea about putting the table together and I didn't think it really had a chance. But I unknowingly hung out at a friends home while Rich worked away on a 'project' that I thought had something to do with their brother-in-law's christmas gift. Anywho, Rich and Darwin (an accomplished woodworker) worked on the table and snuck it into our garage during an ice storm. Then Christmas eve around 3 am Rich brought the table in and there it was! Such a great surprise and example of when patience is used with a spouse they are much more willing to help. I'm really glad I wasn't nagging him about it for 6 months! 



No comments: